Students should come to school neatly and appropriately dressed and groomed. Any style of dress which threatens the health or safety of the individual or tends to cause a break-down in the morale or general discipline of the school is prohibited. Parents must make sure students leave home wearing the proper school uniform.
(From the CAHS Student Handbook)
*Download and view a PowerPoint on the Do's and Don'ts of the CAHS Uniform along with a copy of the Student Handbook at the bottom of this page.
Teachers will send to the office any student whose dress or style of grooming violates the dress code or is unsafe, unsanitary, indecent, or so ridiculous as to cause comment and commotion in the classroom.
STUDENTS ARE TO BE DRESSED IN THE PROPER SCHOOL UNIFORM AT ALL TIMES.
Navy blue dress pants worn on the waist. NO JEANS, NO DENIM, NO LARGE POCKETS. NO BAGGY OR EXTRA LONG PANTS.
Black, brown, or navy belt with a small buckle.
Light blue tailored shirt or pullover with collar and buttons opening in front, worn fully tucked inside pants. No denim shirts.
Solid-colored white, blue, or black crew socks. No peds, quarter socks, half socks, etc.
Solid-colored black, brown, or blue shoes or solid-colored white or black sneakers
Navy blue, fully pleated skirt touching knees in front and bend of knees in the back. NO DENIM, PANTS, OR WRAP SKIRTS. (See listed approved styles)
Light blue tailored blouse or pullover with collar and buttons opening in front. No denim blouses. No cap sleeves.
Solid-colored white or blue crew socks. No peds, quarter socks, half socks, etc.
Solid-colored black, brown, or blue shoes or solid-colored white or black sneakers.
ID worn on collar.
1. No contrasting topstitching (white, light blue, etc.), buttons, bows, or other decorations on skirts
2. Crew socks must rise visibly above the ankle and above the tops of shoes or sneakers.
3. Boys pants are to be hemmed so that they fall in a straight line and touch the top of the shoe without “bunching” at the ankle. Pants must not be tucked into shoes or sneakers.
4. Socks, shoes, sneakers, belts, and ties must be one solid color with no patterns or designs.
5. Female students may wear no jewelry other than ONE SMALL pair of earrings (no more than one inch in length, width, or diameter), one class ring or other small ring, and a watch.
6. Male students may wear no jewelry other than one ring and a watch. NO EARRINGS may be worn by male students.
7. No bracelets, chains, or other ornaments around the neck, wrist, or ankle or anywhere else on the face or body are allowed. Excessive jewelry will be confiscated.
8. T-shirts are not to be worn as part of the school uniform, unless approved by the principal.
9. Undershirts that are visible must be white or light blue. The PE shirt (gold) may also be worn as an undershirt.
10. Jackets are not to be worn.
11. Students enrolled in JROTC will wear the CAHS ID with the JROTC uniform.
12. Hats, caps, head wraps, dark glasses are not to be worn on campus at any time without administrative approval.
ONLY STUDENTS WHO ARE IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE SCHOOL’S DRESS CODE MAY ATTEND CLASSES.
Students not in compliance with the dress code will be sent to the principal or assistant principal.
Parents will be contacted and students will be sent home to get into compliance.
All absences for this reason are unexcused absences.