Family and Consumer Science Department Chair
Carrot Cup Cake Recipe
½ Cup Margarine 1 - Package of walnuts ½ cup (Optional)
2 cups Sugar 1 - Small box of raisins 1 cup (optional)
2/3 cup milk 3 ½ Cups Flour
2 - Eggs beaten ½ cup oil
2/3 Cup Water 3 Carrots grated
1 - Teaspoon Salt 1 - Lime/Lemon Juiced & ¼ t-Rind, grated
1 - Cup crushed drained pineapple
4 ½ t. Baking powder 3 ½ t. Vanilla Essence
1 ½ t. Baking Soda 2 t. Almond Essence
1 t. Nutmeg ¼ t. Grated fresh ginger
¼ t. Ground Cloves 1 T. cinnamon
¼ t. Nutmeg 3 pinch ground cloves
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 350 and place liners in 2 muffin pans
1. Cream margarine, sugar, oil and eggs until smooth
2. Add vanilla, almond, milk, and water, mix well
3. Next, add salt, baking powder, baking soda, spices, ginger,
and lime juice, lime rind, carrot and pineapple, mix well.
4. Now, add flour one cup at a time until all is measured in, mix
5. Add nuts and raisins and mix until smooth.
6. Fill liners half-full and remove any spills from the baking pan.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes until lightly brown.
8. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar or apply icing
9. Clean up the kitchen
Monday, April 24th, 2017